Saturday, June 13, 2015

Why do I succeed?

HELLO Saturday night!

You know one reason I succeed?  It's because I have amazing, encouraging friends!  Today a couple of us went on a group bike ride then run.  We rode 21.9 miles on rolling hills!  Some of the hills were tough!  Serina had said that the last road was going to be really hilly but I wasn't aware we had switch to the last road and before I knew it I was facing a huge hill! I was about to try to change to my little wheel (that's why I call the gear I need to be in for hills) but the hill was already upon me and I was having to peddle hard so I tried to make it on my big wheel, well needless to say I didn't! I got almost to the top and that was it.  I tried standing up and peddling but it was too hard so I had to get my foot out of the peddle and walk the rest of the way.  I was mad at myself.  I had made it up every hill until we hit that hill and I'm a HILL LOVER.  I love the challenge.  Mel our spin instructor rode with us today.  She wanted to race me several times.  Hee Hee  There is always competition among the group.  I almost gave in several times and said let's race, but I didn't know the route and didn't want to wreck.  We are in training so we need to be safe.  Although I almost got bite by a nasty dog!!! My peddle actually hit him and I sprayed my mace.  My heart was beating so fast!  Thank goodness that was the only bad dogs we came in contact with on the whole 21.9 miles.  Here we are about half way into our ride.  It was very muggy!!! I love these peeps!  Serina keeps up laughing and Mel pushes us hard! Frank is just there to take care of all the women. LOL  


After the ride, Serina and I ran 5 miles. We needed to practice the transition from bike to run to get ready for Sunfish TRI coming up in a couple weeks.  It was so HOT by then! My clothes were dripping wet! Boy have I missed running with Serina! She can talk about anything and everything.  I so enjoyed our run today even though it was so very hot and we were dying.  At least our legs should be ready for Sunfish.  We plan to do this training a couple more times before the actual race. When I left Serina's house I went straight to the pool.  I was going to swim a few laps to cool off and also get in some swim time, but it was closed.  Pool doesn't open till 1pm on Saturdays...boo hoo  So I came home and relaxed by my pool.  Just not fun doing laps in it because I dizzy turning around so much. LOL  


 This is an article on my friend and teammate Jennifer.  I laminated it Friday at the office and I have it up like a poster in my bathroom.  It's going to be my reminder that I CAN TOO! She's one tough cookie.  I hope by looking at this article over the next year that it will encourage me to get up and out the door and do the training.  They say .... Train the brain and your body will follow.  


Happy training! D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half Marathon #50 for me! Run the Rainbow for the Children's Hospital in Jackson, Ms

  Saturday, March 16, 2024 I ran my 50th half marathon.  WOW!  never in a million years when I was younger would I have thought I would or e...