Friday, June 12, 2015

Fitness Friday


Why do some call it "Fitness Friday'?  I honestly have no idea.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.  As for me, I try to plan my LONG training runs/bikes miles on the weekend so Friday is a planning day for me.  

Recently I've been asked by a couple friends if I had lost weight.  Well, I officially weighed this morning and I've NOT lost any weight! However, I did fit into a pair of blue jeans that I've had for probably 15 years today without "sucking in", "laying down", or any other crazy technique us women use to get into those jeans that we love.  So maybe I've slimmed in some places but gained muscle so my weight is not down.  LOL  That's what I like to believe.  

So what's your plans for the weekend?  Here's a thought for you.


NO EXCUSES... JUST DO IT!

I have a 20 mile bike ride planned for in the morning followed by a 5 mile run.  Yep, that's 2 things together.  Got to practice that running after biking since I'm doing Sunfish TRI in a few weeks.  There's a group of us doing it together tomorrow so it will be FUN.  I LOVE group training!  

Love this!! Hee Hee

Well, my lunch break is about over.  If you don't have anything physical planned for this weekend...... now is the time to think about it and set you a goal! Remember, only the early bird gets the worm. 

Happy Fitness Friday!
D
 

1 Corinthians 9:26-27

“Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified.”

Don’t make exercise a half-hearted endeavor! Set goals, create a plan, and then execute it. Don’t be afraid to pray for help. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Boston Marathon 2024 (Part 2 - The Marathon)

  Once again I say, I just can't thank you enough to Susan Hurley, Founder and Owner of Charity Teams and Kim Chisholm, Executive Direct...