Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday Funday ---- or WORK day?

Some people call Sunday their "funday".  Mine started off as a WORK day.  As I was sitting on my porch this am around 8 o'clock reading my devotion and drinking my coffee, I looked out at my bushes/trees around the pool area and frowned.  They needed trimming so badly.  My husband who calls himself a yard guy is really just a "mowing grass" guy. LOL  He rarely trims anything.  A few weeks ago I tried to trim up the bushes in the front yard and ended up with a pulled muscle in my back so I swore I wasn't doing it again.  And here I was looking at the backyard and thinking to myself how I might as well get up and start trimming.  

So that's exactly what I did.  I started trimming and soon had to go get the wheelbarrow to start loading.  I'm not sure how many trips it took to take the wheelbarrow to the back yard to load all the limbs on the trailer but it took forever! My husband soon came outside to see what I was doing and was shocked.  He looked at me like I was crazy and asked if i was going to cut everything down.  I just laughed and told him the bush I was trimming was a "bush" not a "tree" and it had grown way out of hand!  I really thought I'd be finished in time to go to church.  However, when I came inside to check the time, it was 10:30am! I had been working for two solid hours.  It was too late to go to church so I continued on with  more trimming.  I finished up around noon.  It was good thing that I had a pot roast in the slower cooker.  

My Sunday was turning into a work day! I decided I'd jump in the pool to cool off before eating lunch and maybe try to swim some laps.  Well, all I can say is that a 18X36 foot pool is not near as big as a 50 meter pool! I was getting dizzy turning around so much on my laps that I finally just gave up.  Oh and I worked so hard I knocked the NEW paint off my toe from my fresh pedicure. GRRRR



After lunch and a short break by the pool it was time for my SUNDAY FUNDAY! A couple of us were going to ride bikes.  We decided to go to the trace so we would have some shade since it was 92 degrees outside.  We had an awesome bike ride!  I tried to push it hard since today's bike ride was a training day for me.  We got up to 25 MPH.  I ended up with 21.9 miles with an average of 16.2 total.  There are a couple stops you have to slow down and look for cars. My thighs were burning most of the ride.  At one point, I thought to myself is this really fun. Ha! Then a huge deer jumped across the trail and it was beautiful.  I think it was God reminding me to look around and enjoy the sites and not focus so much on riding hard.  After that I seemed to just glide on end.  I finished up slightly ahead of Frank and Kathy so I stopped and captured them coming in to Jackson Station.


I enjoyed the company today! Missed SERINA badly! 


Another bike ride in the books! Maybe next weekend we will go to Meridian to ride the Sunfish course since that's one of the reasons we are training right now.  Sunfish Sprint TRI in July! 

Well, it's after 9pm and past my bedtime.  My body sure has appreciated me going to bed around 9pm every night.  A happy body = happy training. 

Today in my devotion was this statement....  "A person's character is determined by his motives, and motive is always a matter of heart." John Eldredge

A pattern of GOOD WORKS>.. Titus 2:7 



No comments:

Post a Comment

10 days post Boston Marathon 2024

  Have you ever second guessed yourself? Ever sat and tried to figure out what went wrong? It's now 10 days post Boston Marathon.  I kin...